Signup for Our Newsletter!
Women’s Empowerment relies heavily on volunteers to help with many facets of our program. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
1. I want to volunteer at Women’s Empowerment? What do I need to do?
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. We require all volunteers to attend an orientation, as it is a great way for us to get to know one another, and establish the right volunteer fit among our many needs and opportunities. Volunteer orientations are on the third Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm. For more information about orientations and to view upcoming orientation dates CLICK HERE. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
- Complete a Volunteer Information Form
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement Form
- Some opportunities require specific qualifications. We will contact you if we need more information.
2. What should I expect at a Volunteer Orientation?
The orientation will take about an hour and a half. You will get the history of Women’s Empowerment, a tour of our facility, detailed information regarding ongoing volunteer opportunities, and an opportunity to see if we are a good fit for your schedule and interests.
3. Are there any evening and/or weekend opportunities?
The majority of our volunteer opportunities are during business hours from 8:30am-3:30pm. We do have event specific opportunities during our Gala planning period and the Winter Holidays.
4. Are you looking for specific skills?
The majority of our volunteers are caring, supportive individuals who believe in our mission and are looking to pay it forward. There sometimes are special requirements for specific volunteer areas, but we will inform you of those at the orientation.
5. How old do I have to be?
In our Child Development Center we allow volunteers ages 15+. Generally for all other opportunities, we ask that volunteers are 18+. We do occasionally make exceptions on a case by case basis. If you have any questions regarding age, please email Zoe Fishman, email@example.com
6. I have court mandated volunteer hours I need to fill. Can I fill them at Women’s Empowerment?
This is done on a case by case basis. We may have some opportunities that may work for you, but do not assume you will be able to fill your hours at Women’s Empowerment. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.669.2307 ext 104.
7. Do you have volunteer opportunities for groups?
We do have some opportunities for groups. For group volunteering inquiries please email Zoe Fishman, email@example.com
8. Does Women’s Empowerment offer internship opportunities?
- Social Work Interns: We generally work with Social Work Students (MSW II) through CSU Sacramento. If this sounds like something you are qualified for and interested in, please contact Lolita our Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.